Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Christmas Gift From Michael - Terry Francona Signed Baseball

Michael sent me a huge box of stuff for Christmas; actually one of the first boxes I got in.  He included a bunch of things that he signed himself, like he always does.  This time he included a nice game used baseball that he signed and included a long bible verse.  It was a really cool ball that I have since put away.

I was surprised at this baseball, though, because I didn't recognize the autograph.  I had to message Michael, and he told me it was Terry Francona.  This was awesome, because I really wanted a Francona ball, and anticipate that he will be in the Hall of Fame at some point.

Francona (b. 1959) played in the majors from 1981 to 1990 for the Expos, Cubs, Reds, Indians and Brewers.  He had 474 hits, 16 home runs and a .274 batting average.

He went on to become a manager at the Major League level in 1997 when he took over as manager of the Phillies.  He managed the Phillies from 1997 to 2000, the Red Sox from 2004 to 2011 and the Indians from 2013 to present day.  He won the World Series with the Red Sox in 2004 and 2007.

His career managerial record is 1,483-1,269 (.539 win %).  He has the two World Series rings and 3 pennants.

Thank you so much for the Christmas gift, Michael!  I really like the whole package, but I definitely needed this ball in my collection!

No comments: