Wednesday, January 31, 2018

2018 Fan Fest Pickup - Delmon Young Signed Baseball

My first stop at Orioles Fan Fest wasn't an autograph line.  It was the Orioles merchandise room.  I wanted to see what jerseys were available, and maybe pick up something else that caught my eye.  Well, I found a signed baseball for only $10.00, and it was one I have wanted since October 3, 2014.

Delmon Young might have a ton of off-the-field issues, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he owns probably the biggest Orioles hit that I have ever seen.  The fact that I was there to see it in person makes it even better.

I was in attendance, along with my son, Chris and my friend, Ryan, and got to feel the electrifying moment when Young's 3-run double gave the Orioles the lead in Game 2 of the 2014 ALDS against the Tigers.  Every time I watch it and hear the crowd erupt, I get goosebumps.  It really was something to experience.

Young (b. 1985) played in the majors from 2006 to 2015 for the Rays, Twins, Tigers, Phillies and Orioles.  He had 1,162 hits, 109 home runs and a .283 batting average.  He was the 2012 ALCS MVP and always seemed to come up clutch in big playoff situations.

Here is that moment from the 2014 ALDS Game 2 that I was referencing.

No comments: