Sunday, January 5, 2014

Top 10 Wishlist Pickup - 1969 Topps Reggie Jackson

I hadn't intended to knock this card off of my wishlist this early into the year, but Wendell (the proprietor of my LCS) made me an offer I couldn't refuse on it.  This 1969 Topps Reggie Jackson rookie card is a really nice card.  It is terribly off-centered, as you can see from the scan.  Also, as you may be able to tell from the scan below, the back of the card is faded just a bit.
Otherwise, the card is in great shape and will fit nicely into my 1969 set.  I wasn't aiming for a NRMT/MT set anyway, so there was no way I was going to pay full book for this card.  That's just too expensive.  Book value on the '69 Reggie is $300.00 and I got this card for a fraction of that.  Wendell really hooked me up.

Now that I have that card out of the way, I can concentrate on the Nolan Ryan second-year card or the Mickey Mantle final year card as the two tougher cards to get for the set.

No comments: