Friday, March 16, 2012

TTM Success - Dave Parker

Finally, another TTM has come in.  I sent a ball to Dave Parker on March 10 and got it back today, March 16.  A 6-day turnaround, which is pretty darn fast!  I had to send a check for $25 to Mr. Parker for the signature, but I believe it was well worth it.
I wish I had thought to ask for an inscription, but I didn't think of it when I wrote my note to him.  It would have been nice to get 'Cobra' inscribed on the ball.  Oh well.  It still looks great!
Chris and I went to the Kinston card shop and picked up a bunch of stuff to be blogged later, but I thought it was cool when he opened his 50 cent pack of 1989 Donruss and got this Dave Parker card.  It worked out perfectly.

Parker played in the majors from 1973 to 1991 for the Pirates, Reds, A's, Brewers, Angels and Blue Jays amassing 2,712 hits, 339 home runs and a .290 batting average.  The 1978 NL MVP, he has numbers that ALMOST warrant a ticket to Cooperstown.  I doubt he will get in, but you never know.

I'm really glad I got a TTM in, I was starting to get worried.  He is now my 48th TTM success.  Here's to hoping I get a few more in the coming days.

2 comments:

Dodgerbobble said...

Looks amazing! Just curious, do you send a pen with the package?

Dean said...

Nice auto. Great player.