Friday, October 2, 2020

TTM Success - Bruce Ruffin

Seeing this card get signed was actually a really great thing for me.  I had Bruce Ruffin cards put aside in my TTM box for a long time (probably dating back to 2016 when I first started sending cards).  I don't know why I had put him in there; Ruffin hasn't signed TTM in a long time.  Sometimes that happens.  I inexplicably pull a player after thinking they sign, then when I go to send to them, I see that they haven't signed their mail in 15 years.

So, I saw that a private signing for Ruffin was happening, and I finally got to send in one of the 87s that had taken up space in my box for so long.

Ruffin (b. 1963) played in the majors from 1986 to 1997 for the Phillies, Brewers and Rockies.  He had a career record of 60-82 with 843 strike outs and a 4.19 ERA.

I mailed to the private signing on May 13 and got the card back on July 14, for a 62-day TAT.

No comments: