Saturday, October 17, 2020

TTM Success - Carlos Delgado

I couldn't pass up a private signing with former slugger, Carlos Delgado, and when it came time to send in, I couldn't settle on just one card.  So, I spent the money and sent two that had been buried in my boxes for years.

The above card is a 2004 Upper Deck SPX, which turned out great.  I really like this card, and am glad I sent it off.

The next card is a 2005 Fleer Showcase Showtime card that is numbered 29/99.  It also looks great, now that it is signed.

Delgado (b. 1972) played in the majors from 1993 to 2009 for the Blue Jays, Marlins and Mets.  He had 2,038 hits, 473 home runs and a .280 batting average.  He was a two-time All Star (2000 and 2003) and his best MVP finish was second (AL, to Alex Rodriguez) in 2003.  He was a three-time Silver Slugger Award winner (1999, 2000 and 2003).  He appeared on the 2015 Hall of Fame ballot and received an underwhelming 3.8%, which forced him off of the ballot.  I could have sworn that he would spend a good amount of time on the HOF ballot, and even have a much higher percentage, over time.  He stands to get some support via the veterans committee.

I mailed to the signing on June 4 and got the cards back on July 31, for a 57-day TAT.  I paid a fee of $40/card for this one.

No comments: