Wednesday, November 6, 2019

TTM Success - Nate Schierholtz

I got a different card back than what I sent, but I did get a TTM success from Nate Schierholtz recently.  He also signed the card with a dead Sharpie, but it is still signed.  I was more disappointed in the signature itself than my card being switched out, but I do like the photo on this 2014 Topps.  The card I sent was a 2014 Topps red foil parallel, so I at least got a similar card back.  Still, the red foil would have looked a lot better; even with the dead Sharpie.

Schierholtz (b. 1984) played in the majors from 2007 to 2014 for the Giants, Phillies, Cubs and Nationals.  He had 529 hits, 52 home runs and a .253 batting average.  He won the World Series in 2010 with the Giants.

I mailed to Schierholtz on September 20 and got the card back on October 12, for a 12-day TAT.