Saturday, November 9, 2019

TTM Success - Dave Magadan

I knocked off several 1987 Topps recently when I took part in a few private signings on SCN.  There were a bunch back to back to back, so I had to expand the budget a bit, but I was able to get a couple tough guys off of my checklist and into my binder.

I had sent TTM to Dave Magadan in the season, since he is a hitting coach somewhere.  I never did get those cards back, so I went ahead and sent to the signing and am happy with the card.

Magadan (b. 1962) played in the majors from 1986 to 2001 for the Mets, Marlins, Mariners, Astros, Cubs, A's and Padres.  He had 1,197 hits, 42 home runs and a .288 batting average.  He finished 22nd in the 1990 NL MVP voting.  He was a part of the World Series Champion New York Mets, but did not appear in the post season that year.

I mailed to the private signing on September 19 and got the card back on October 15, for a 26-day TAT.  I paid a fee of $29.00.

No comments: