Friday, October 19, 2012

1,000th Post and an Ebay Pickup

Well, I have reached my 1,000th post.  Wow.  Who would have thought way back in November of 2008 that I would reach 1,000 posts on this blog.  I sure didn't think I would.  I didn't really have anything major planned for my 1,000th post like other bloggers may have.  Just business as usual over here.
That being said, this post does center around a really cool card that I got off of Ebay for around $24.  This is the 2012 Topps Mini Silver parallel Nolan Reimold.  The Ebay listing actually had this labeled as a 'black' parallel, but it definitely is silver(ish).  It might be Platinum, who knows.  Beckett, I guess.  Anyway, I looked on Ebay for some clarification on these and there are listings under: Black, Silver and Platinum.  Interesting.  This card is serial numbered 2/5, so I own 20% of the print run on this card.  Not bad.

So, my 2012 Topps Reimold Rainbow project is looking pretty good from where I sit.  This one is a really awesome addition to my Reimold PC.  I need to find a 2012 Topps printing plate to round this out.  If anyone has one, please let me know because it would be cool to add it also.

8 comments:

Nick said...

Nice pickup and congrats on 1,000 posts, William!

Robert said...

congrats on 1000 posts!

Greg Zakwin said...

sweet addition and congrats on 1000!

Ryan H said...

Hey buddy, congrats on 1000 posts. Maybe by the year 2018 I'll have that many! Sweet Reimold card, btw!

Drew said...

Congrats on 1,000 man! Here's to 1000 more! Beautiful Reimold, btw!

Fuji said...

Cool parallel... the silver and the orange border looks awesome. Congratulations on your landmark post!

Play at the Plate said...

Congrats on hitting a big milestone! Keep it up.

Ryan said...

COngrats on #1000, William - and a GREAT way to commemorate it (unintentional as it may be) with this sharp card. Love the image of Buck welcoming him back to the dugout......