Friday, October 5, 2012

Let's Go O's!

For the first time since 1997, the Orioles will be playing a playoff game.  Tonight, they will face the 2-time defending AL Champion Texas Rangers in a one-game, do or die, playoff game.  The loser will go home and the winner will go on to face the Yankees in the ALDS.
For the Orioles, they were picked by almost everyone to lose 100 games and finish last in the AL East.  They weren't supposed to be here.  Shows you that the games aren't won on paper.  If ESPN had it's way, the Red Sox would be in the playoffs playing against the Yankees every year with Brett Favre making an appearance.  This is why I don't watch ESPN.  Bobby Valentine said a few weeks ago that the Orioles were lucky.  I bet he wishes he could have had a little more luck this year.  Jim Bowden said on XM Radio a few months ago that even though the Orioles were in the playoff hunt, he still picked them to finish last and the Red Sox to make the playoffs.  He had to apologize on air a couple weeks ago.

My point is, the Orioles aren't supposed to be here and I am glad they have proven every 'expert' wrong.  I hope they can continue to have some of that magic tonight.  I'm not ready to wake up from this dream season just yet.  Let's Go O's!  Feel the magic happen, O-R-I-O-L-E-S!!!!!

No comments: