Sunday, May 31, 2020

TTM Success - Rodney Scott

I had ROdney Scott's cards in my box for probably 4 years or more, but always put off mailing to him due to him having signing fees.  I finally had a few extra bucks and decided to send to him, so I could clear out some space in my box.

I sent along a 1981 Topps (above) and a 1979 Topps (below).  He used some weird colored marker; I guess you could say that is purple.
Still, the cards got signed, and they'll add something a little different to my album, which always helps.

Scott (b. 1953) played in the majors from 1975 to 1982 for the Royals, Expos, A's, Cubs and Yankees.  He had 504 hits, 3 home runs and a .236 batting average.  He led the NL in triples in 1980 with 13; that year he also had 63 stolen based.  He finished 22nd in the 1980 NL MVP race.

I mailed to Scott on April 8 and got the cards back on April 25, for a 17-day TAT.  I paid a fee through PastPros of $17/card.  Had I known that the signatures wouldn't look all that great, I probably would have put it off even longer.  Oh well.

No comments: