Tuesday, September 13, 2016

National Free Signer - Greg Luzinski

One of the last free signers that I was able to get at the National was Greg Luzinski.  I don't really remember his signing, I just remember standing in line forever.  I thought this 1983 Fleer would look cool signed, and I was right.  I wasn't able to use a Wild Card on him, which was disappointing, since I had a ton of his cards that I could have gotten signed.  By the time I was done with his signing, I was over trying to get anyone else.  The VIP signer experience at the National was rough, and I don't think I will work as hard when I go next year.

Luzinski (b. 1950) played in the majors from 1970 to 1984 for the Phillies and White Sox.  He had 1795 hits, 307 home runs and a .276 batting average.  He was a 4-time All Star and finished twice in the NL MVP voting (1975 and 1977).  He won the World Series with the Phillies in 1980.  Luzinski appeared on the Hall of Fame ballot in 1990 and received 0.2% of the vote.

No comments: