Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Instagram Trade With Joey - 1960 Topps Willie McCovey RC

Again with a graded card!  Another Hall of Fame rookie card.  I've been on fire with successful trades lately.  I have been able to interact regularly with maybe 10 or so people from Instagram enough now that I consider them actual friends, much like the folks from the blogs that I call friends.  One of the guys I chat with who is high on the friend list is Joey.  Joey is a North Carolinian, like myself, and he is also a huge fan of vintage cards.

Joey is also a huge David Ortiz fan, so when I recently asked if anyone wanted me to look through my card boxes for them and he asked for Ortiz, I obliged him.  Most, if not all of my Red Sox stuff goes to either Scott or my brother, John, but I did have a few David Ortiz cards left.  I also had just recently picked up an Ortiz rookie, one where he is referred to as David Arias, that Joey really has his eye on.

So, he offered me this graded - 2 Willie McCovey RC for the Ortiz, which I thought was more than fair.  I also threw in the other Ortiz cards I had, which were ones Scott had told me before that he didn't want, so I didn't feel like I was cheating on him.

I'm really happy with this McCovey.  I know I have said that I don't really like graded cards, but this one is fine with me and it has a cool story to it.

Most importantly, I'm making some good friends in another nice card community.  I'm glad I am able to tie that into my blog, as well.  Here's to hoping that with all these young folks on Instagram, that one.) the card hobby is alive and well for a new generation and two.) I hope to see some of these young guys want to start blogs and keep this niche of the hobby going as well.  Here's to hoping!

Thanks for the trade, Joey!

No comments: