Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Latest Trade With Ryan

I recently sent my good friend Ryan (from 'O No Another Orioles Blog') several 2013 Topps Series One cards to help him along the way with his set and in return, he sent me a bunch of Orioles (and other) stuff.  One of the coolest cards he sent was the above 2012 Topps Chrome Chris Davis black parallel.  The card is numbered 80/100 and just looks awesome.  I know I'm not the only one, but black parallels to Chrome always look sharp.  It scanned really nice also.
I actually got several Chris Davis cards from Ryan in the package.  I already had this 2013 Topps Emerald parallel in my set attempt, so now I also will have one in my Davis PC.  Ryan was sly enough to figure out that the photo for this card was shot on September 6 (Cal Ripken Statue night) after Davis' 9th inning home run against the Yankees.  That was an amazing game and I'm really happy that a card is in my collection to remind me of it!
Finally, there was a 2008 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects Chrome Andrew McCutchen card in the package as well.  My McCutchen PC is growing rapidly, so I was really glad to add this card!

Thanks for the trade Ryan!

1 comment:

Ryan H said...

You're welcome. It would be cool if we could figure out what game all of the Orioles in series 1 were taken.