Friday, June 1, 2012

Hall of Fame Signed Baseball - Tom Seaver

I was able to knock another Hall of Fame baseball off of my list with the help of my good friend Andrew over at Andrew's Baseball Cards (he needs more followers).  Andrew knew I needed Seaver, so, during one of his sessions on Ebay, he located an auction for a Seaver ball that was ending soon and sent it my way.  $39.99 (and free shipping) later, it was mine!
Tom Seaver (b. 1947) played in the majors from 1967 to 1986 for the Mets, Reds, White Sox and Red Sox.  He was the 1969, 1973 and 1975 NL Cy Young Award winner and the 1967 NL Rookie of the Year.  He won the World Series with the Mets in 1969.

Seaver retired with a record of 311-205, 3,640 strikeouts and an ERA of 2.86.  He was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1992 (his first year of eligibility) when he was named on 98.8% of the ballot.  His voting percentage is the highest all-time.

Seaver is my 67th Hall of Famer (65 of whom are players/executives/managers and 2 of which are broadcasters - I have added broadcasters and writers to my HOF needs list, check it out!).

1 comment:

Weston DeShon said...

Hey, I need more followers too. :)