Thursday, June 21, 2012

TTM Success - Bill Virdon

I got my 61st TTM success when I got home from work yesterday.  I would have posted it then, but I had been up since 4AM, so I decided to be lazy and put it off a day.

Bill Virdon (b. 1931) played for the St. Louis Cardinals and Pittsburgh Pirates from 1955 to 1965 and 1968 amassing 1,596 hits, 91 home runs and a .267 batting average.  He won the World Series with the Pirates in 1960 and also took home the 1955 NL Rookie of the Year award.

I mailed to Virdon on June 13, 2012 and got my ball back signed yesterday, June 20, 2012.  That made him a 7-day TAT.  He signed the ball for free. 

I've gotten several signed balls from members of the 1960 World Series Champion Pirates:  Dick Groat, Vern Law, Bob Skinner and Bill Virdon as TTM successes, and Bill Mazeroski as one of my Hall of Fame signed baseballs (got that one in a trade, along with Don Drysdale for a 3 piece, auto Albert Pujols card).  I also have Virgil Trucks, of course, who was one of the coaches for that team.

2 comments:

Drew said...

Sweet success! Virdon was a solid player!

Play at the Plate said...

Very nice and the inscriptions are awesome. Congrats.