Friday, February 24, 2012

Trade With Weston From Fantastic Catch


One thing I love about blogging is that I have been afforded the opportunity of meeting and trading with people all over the country.  I received an email the other day from Weston who happened to discover my blog when he joined a site called 'Sportscard Radio.'  He expressed an interest in possibly hooking up for a trade of some Cardinals for some Orioles.  My Cardinals cards haven't really been spoken for by anyone, so I had a decent amount of stuff to offer to him.  As you can see, one of the major highlights of the trade was the above Eddie Murray 2011 Topps Cognac parallel.  I really love the diamond parallels, so this card was a necessary addition to my collection.  He also added some more cards to the pile:
Here is a Matt Wieters from 2010 Upper Deck.  It is really hard to get any Wieters cards, so whenever I can get my hands on one, I have to strike.  I really hate the player exclusive deals.  I hope his deal with Upper Deck is over soon so I can finally get him on some Topps products.
 Weston sent me this 2011 Topps reprint (original back) 1983 Cal Ripken.  Always a nice set, for some reason when I was building  the 1983 set, it was real hard finding commons.  I don't know why, but it doesn't matter now because I finished that set a long time ago.
Here is a nice Topps Attax Camden Yards card.  I have a few stadium cards for the O's in an album that I put together back in 2005, so I will add this one to that.
Weston added this 1988 Topps mini Cal Ripken to the trade because I was 'nice to him.'  Well, I try to be.  I really appreciated the card, though, and as far as I can tell, I don't think I had this one in the collection, so score one for Weston!!

I really appreciated the trade and it seems like trades are becoming the norm for me lately.  It is really refreshing to see young kids getting into cards and also getting into blogging.  That is definitely a good sign for the future of the hobby.

I encourage all of you to check out Weston's blog and continue to encourage him to keep up the good work.  His blog, Fantastic Catch, can be seen here:  http://fantasticcatch.blogspot.com/

No comments: