Monday, July 12, 2021

TTM Success - Chris Hoiles

This 1994 Triple Play Medalists card has kind of become an old friend, as far as signed cards go.  I worked to get the card filled with autographs, and finally finished it when I saw a private signing with Chris Hoiles pop up.

I didn't think it would take long to fill the card, then the Orioles canned Fan Fest... Then COVID happened.  I figured Hoiles would be an easy signature.
So, I waited and finally, a private signing came up.  I sent the medalists card, as well as this 1991 Crown Orioles.  Both look great, and I can finally let that medalists card rest in my album.  Now, I just need to figure out which album I took it out of in the first place.

Hoiles (b. 1965) played in the majors from 1989 to 1998, all for the Orioles.  He had 739 hits, 151 home runs and a .262 batting average.  He finished 16th in the 1993 AL MVP race.

I mailed to the signing on January 2 and got the cards back on March 1, for a 58-day TAT.  I paid a fee of $24.00.

1 comment:

Adam Kaningher said...

The tri-colored foil on that Triple Play card is great. I always liked that insert set.