Monday, July 5, 2021

TTM Success - Jon Nelson

This 2003 Bowman Chrome refractor of Jon Nelson was found in one of the many boxes I got when my LCS closed.  It is a nice card, so I figured I would see if Nelson signed TTM.  He does, so I sent it off.  The card came back signed not too long after, and looks a lot like his faux auto shown at the bottom of the card.  It can be funny sometimes to see how their autographs change over time.

Nelson (b. 1980) was a 26th round pick by the Mariners in the 2001 June Amateur Draft out of Dixie State University in Utah.  He played in the Mariners system from 2002 to 2008, reaching AAA.  THen, he played in independent ball from 2009 to 2011.

In his 7 seasons in minor league ball, Nelson had 712 hits, 101 home runs and a .263 batting average.  I mailed to Nelson on January 22 and got the card back on February 26, for a 35-day TAT.

No comments: