Monday, August 24, 2020

TTM Success - Tim Leary

I had participated in a private signing for Tim Leary and didn't know that my good friend, Gerard, had bought a signed 1987 Topps Leary for me to help me with my set.  Since then, I have updated my Google Docs needs list with color codes to show when I have sent off TTMs or made purchases for the set.  This was done for the sole purpose so that my buddy wouldn't have to double up again.  I felt really bad that he did that, but he was nice enough to tell me to use the other card as trade bait to help fill the set elsewhere.

Leary (b. 1958) played in the majors in 1981 and from 1983 to 1994 for the Mets, Brewers, Dodgers, Reds, Yankees, Mariners and Rangers.  He had a career record of 78-105 with 888 strike outs and a 4.36 ERA.  He was a Silver Slugger Award (as a pitcher) in 1988.  That season, he won the World Series with the Dodgers.

I mailed to the signing on May 5 and got the card back on June 9, for a 35-day TAT.  I paid a fee of $12.00.

No comments: