Tuesday, August 11, 2020

TTM Success - Jackie Moore

I moved a couple cards out of my 80s boxes when I got these two cards signed by Jackie Moore.  I always heard Kevin Kennedy talk on XM about how great a bench coach Moore was for him, so it was nice to put a face (and signature) with the name.  Kennedy hasn't been on XM in years, but when he was on, I always enjoyed listening to him.

The above 1986 Topps signed by Moore turned out really well.  This set looks really nice when signed.

This 1985 Topps also looks nice.  I also sent Moore a 1973 Topps Whitey Herzog card (Moore is shown as a coach on the card).  Moore signed it, then I sent it on to Herzog and Chuck Estrada to complete the card.  It'll get posted on here eventually.


Moore (b. 1939) played in the majors in 1965 for the Tigers.  He had 5 hits, no home runs and a 0.94 batting average.  As a manager, he managed the A's from 1984 to 1986.  His career won/loss record was 163-190 (.462 win %).


I mailed to Moore on May 14 and got the cards back on June 1, for an 18-day TAT.

No comments: