Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Surprise Package From Joey

One of the people I talk with the most from Instagram, and for good reason, is my friend, Joey.  It helps that he is a fellow North Carolinian, but we have been talking for quite some time now.  Joey is a Red Sox fan who also is building a couple vintage sets.  I've helped him along the way with his 1980 set, and we had a huge trade brewing for a nice vintage card.  That trade fell through due to a third party not coming through on their end, so Joey and I went back to the drawing board on our trade in order to still try to swing a deal.

He is one of the most knowledgeable kids in the Instagram trading community, and has backed me up since day one.  I really appreciated seeing a package from him in my mailbox the other day.  I was even happier when I opened it and found what he sent.  The above 2011 Topps Chrome Zach Britton RC auto is just an awesome card.  I had a couple people on Instagram message me with the same card, but I could never work out a deal.  Those guys wanted an arm and a leg for theirs, while Joey was kind enough to just include it in a surprise deal.  This is what sets him apart from some of the other folks on there.
But wait, there's more!  Joey included this awesome Manny Machado gold parallel RC that I didn't have in my collection.  The card is numbered 944/2013 and Joey was nice enough to send it along in a magnetic case.
Finally, among the cards he sent was this 2011 Topps 60 GU Jersey card of Adam Jones.  I also didn't have this one in my collection, but Joey took care of that.

I really appreciate all of the stuff, Joey, and keep an eye on your mailbox, because I just sent out my own package for you.  I guess it defeats the "surprise" part of it, but there are a few surprises in there. Thanks again for the awesome cards!

No comments: