Friday, September 19, 2014

Birthday Package From Michael

I got a huge box from my friend, Michael last week for my birthday.  Inside the box was a ton of stuff that I really wasn't expecting.  He sent along another round of his own game used stuff from his recently completed baseball season.  I sure hope he makes the big time, or else, I will have a bunch of stuff I'll have to send back to him once he has kids.
Something really cool in the box was this game used baseball from the 2013 season.  April 24, 2013, to be exact.  It is a pitch from Brandon Morrow to Nolan Reimold which ended up as a foul back to the screen.  Nice!
I was really surprised to find these signed baseballs in the box.  Starting from the top left is Roy White, Tom Nieto; Bottom left: Marty Barrett and Jim Mudcat Grant.

I already had a Grant ball, a ball I got for free while in Cooperstown, but it was badly faded.  I can now upgrade it like I have been wanting to for a while.

Barrett played from 1982 to 1991 for the Red Sox and Padres.  He had a decent career, with 938 hits, 18 homers and a .278 batting average.  He was the 1986 ALCS MVP.

Nieto inscribed his ball with '87 WS Champs, which is pretty cool.  He played from 1984 to 1990 for the Cardinals, Expos, Twins and Phillies.  He won the World Series while with the Twins in 1987, of course.He didn't actually play in the World Series with the Twins, but he did play in the 1985 World Series while with the Cardinals.

White played his entire career with the Yankees from 1965 to 1979 and was a 2-time All Star.  He had 1,803 hits, 160 home runs and a lifetime average of .271.  He played in three World Series with the Yankees from 1976 to 1978, winning two (1977 and 1978).

Thanks so much for the birthday box, Michael, I really appreciate it!

No comments: