Sunday, January 2, 2011

One More Card Show Pickup

I figured I'd post one more card I was able to get at the card show a few weeks ago before I head off to the show this weekend, January 8-9. A guy came by my booth at the show and was looking to unload a box of cards. Inside it were a bunch of Topps cards from 1956 to 1969... the highlight being:
a 1965 Topps Hank Aaron. Yeah, it looks pretty beat up. I don't care. With everything that was in the box, I got my $20 worth. I'm going to use most of the cards as set starters for 1967 and 1969 (the pedominant years in the box), so this card was a bonus, really. I'm happy with it. I always enjoy it when people bring me boxes of vintage cards that they want to unload. I'm hoping I get another 'steal' at this weekend's show. I hope that if any of you are in the Raleigh area, you'll come by my booth and say hello!

1 comment:

Drew said...

Awesome card! 1965 is my favorite set of the 60's by far, and I can't wait for that Heritage set to come out. Gotta love Hank Aaron though, sweet card.