Tuesday, October 25, 2022

October 2022 Chantilly Show - Meeting Mike Tyson

The lineup for the Chantilly Show didn't leave me with many options of guys I was really willing to spend money on this close to the National.  I was really still in recovery (financially) from the National, but when I saw that I could meet Mike Tyson for $150, I figured I would go ahead and add him to my wall of signed 8 x 10s.  This was especially because Tyson wasn't signing trading cards (and I didn't want to break up my 2006 Allen and Ginter set, or replace his card, which turns out is a fairly pricy short print).  So, I got this 8 x 10 from Nintendo's Mike Tyson's Punch Out and had it signed.
It wasn't Tyson's fault, but the experience wasn't all that great.  His photo op line went way past the allotted time, so when it came time for him to sign, we were all rushed and herded through at breakneck speed.  I was only able to get a "Thanks Mike" out, to which he looked up and smiled, before I was shooed away.

Still, I got a signed photo, and I can still say that I met the legendary Mike Tyson.  In the end, the photo looks great on my wall anyway.

1 comment:

osupremegrandmotherone said...

I liked the Orioles fan fest where I got to chitchat with Jim Palmer,and Buck Show alter(sp?)