Monday, June 7, 2021

Signed Aramis Ramirez Cards From Max

My good friend, Max, helped with a private signing with Aramis Ramirez where I sent him a ton of cards.  Max sent me a few back signed, and they all look great.  The above 1998 Topps New Breed was the one that I really wanted back, and it looks amazing.  I vaguely remembered I had it, and was so glad to find it when Max asked for Ramirez.  That made the whole thing worthwhile.  I am so glad he asked me for the help with the signing.
I really enjoy when Max asks me to look for certain players.  I am able to clear out some room in my boxes and help him with his signings.  Sometimes, I throw some money his way, as well, in order to see some of the cards come back signed and add them to my albums.  Ramirez isn't someone I'd come in contact with, so I definitely wanted to get a few cards back.
Ramirez (b. 1978) played in the majors from 1998 to 2015 for the Pirates, Cubs and Brewers.  He had 2,303 hits, 386 home runs and a .283 batting average.  He was an All Star 3 times (2005, 2008 and 2013).  He won the Silver Slugger Award in 2011.  His best finish in the MVP race was 9th (NL) in 2012.

Thanks for the signed cards and the huge box of other stuff you sent my way, Max!

2 comments:

Jafronius said...

Ramirez was awfully good for the Cubs, glad you got a Cubs card of him signed!

Justin McLeod said...

Hi William, is there any chance you would be willing to part with the 2008 Topps card? I need it for a set and this is the first one I've seen signed. I missed the private signing. I'd be glad to buy it off of you if you are willing to part with it! My email is jmcleod@justinsworldsb.com if you are willing to discuss a deal. Thanks!