Thursday, March 18, 2021

TTM Success - Julio Cruz

Here is another instance where I had someone who was already deceased on one of my 1987 Topps team leaders cards and was really sweating over getting the other person on the card.  Thankfully, when I reached out on a TTM message board about whether or not Julio Cruz signed TTM, someone helped me out and got it signed for me.
It turned out that Cruz frequented a card shop in Washington, and the owner was a member of the group.  He took my cards, and a donation to a local orphanage, and had Cruz sign the cards.  He even sent me pictures of the event, which was really cool.

Cruz (b. 1954) played in the majors from 1977 to 1986 for the Mariners and White Sox.  He had 916 hits, 23 home runs and a .237 batting average.  He finished 24th in the 1983 AL MVP race.

I mailed to the signing on October 28 and got the cards back on December 29, for a 62-day TAT.  I paid a $20.00 donation to The Shepherd's Crook Orphanage.

1 comment:

Jafronius said...

Very cool...congrats on the pickup!