Wednesday, March 10, 2021

TTM Success - Greg Mayberry

Some of these 1987 Topps team leaders cards are going to be impossible for me to complete.  Others, like this one of the Dodgers, can be completed, but it takes a lot of praying that the card comes back ok and signed at all.

I had seen that Greg Mayberry was signing, so I jumped all over sending before he changed his mind.  Thankfully he signed my card and I can now file it away in my album.  I just wish he had signed it in blue.  Oh well, I can't afford to be too picky.

Mayberry (b. 1965) was drafted in the first round (13th overall) of the January1984 draft by the Red Sox, but didn't sign, and was then drafted by the Dodgers in the first round (second overall) by the Dodgers in the June 1984 draft.  I'm guessing the draft was set up differently back then.

He played in the Dodgers system from 1984 to 1990, reaching AAA.  He had a minor league record of 39-38 with 454 strike outs and a 3.98 ERA.

I mailed to Mayberry on December 5 and got the card back on December 22, for a 17-day TAT.

No comments: