Thursday, March 4, 2021

TTM Success - Tommy La Stella

It's always nice to get some cards signed by players who are currently active, especially since access to graphing at games has been suspended over the past year.  I feel like more and more players have signed TTM the past year since fans haven't been allowed in ballparks, but I could be wrong.  Tommy La Stella is a fairly regular signer, and I was able to get a few nice cards signed and into my album.

The above 2020 Topps Big League was a good card for me to choose.  The landscape layout and clean border make the card look sharp when signed.
I also got La Stella to sign a 2015 Topps, 2020 Topps and 2020 Topps Opening Day.

La Stella (b. 1989) has played in the majors since 2014 for the Braves, Cubs, Angels and A's.  He has 360 hits, 31 home runs and a .274 batting average.  He was an All Star in 2019.  He won the World Series in 2016 while with the Cubs.

I mailed to La Stella on July 2 via Angels Stadium and got the cards back signed on December 18, for a 169-day TAT.

No comments: