Thursday, March 11, 2021

TTM Success - Andy Kosco

I got a few vintage cards out of my box and into my album with this TTM success from Andy Kosco.  The above 1968 Topps turned out great.  I had a bunch of 68s all set to get started on set building, but I still have 1972 and 1967 going on.  One of these days, I'll finish those two and move on to other Topps sets.
The above 1969 Topps also turned out well.  I'm pretty sure I bought this one at a card show so that I would have something else to send to Kosco.
Finally, here is a 1966 Topps Rookit Stars that shows Kosco.  I didn't catch it until today, but Ted Uhlaender got an artist's rendering and not an actual photo for this card.

Kosco (b. 1941) played in the majors from 1965 to 1974 for the Twins, Yankees, Dodgers, Brewers, Angels, Red Sox and Reds.  He had 464 hits, 73 home runs and a .236 batting average.

I mailed to Kosco on September 21 and got the cards back on December 26, for a 96-day TAT.

1 comment:

bbcardz said...

I love posts that mention 1969 Topps, 1972 Topps, the Dodgers, set building and players named "Andy" (which happens to be my dad's, son's and my name!). Congrats on getting those autos!