Saturday, March 20, 2021

TTM Success - Brendan Murphy

I got some nice cards out of one of my boxes with this TTM success from Brewers prospect, Brendan Murphy.  I had been holding onto his cards with the hope that I would see him with the Carolina Mudcats, but I missed the opportunity.  He may still come through Carolina, but he hasn't pitched anywhere since 2017, so it is probably unlikely.  He is listed with the Mudcats for this season, so we will have to see if he can finally get back on a mound.
I got some really nice cards signed.  The card at the top is a 2017 Panini Elite Extra Edition die cut numbered 82/99.  The cards above are all from 2017 Bowman.  There are two different shades of blue refractors, a Bowman Chrome and Bowman base.  I always liked this version of Bowman, and have gotten a bunch of them signed at Wood Ducks games.  If Murphy does make it onto Carolina's roster, I may be able to knock out a few more.

Murphy (b. 1999) was a 4th round pick by the Brewers in the 2017 June Amateur Draft out of an Illinois high school.  He pitched in Arizona for the Brewers rookie ball team in 2017.  He went 0-2 with 11 strike outs and a 6.19 ERA.

I mailed to Murphy on December 21 and got the cards back on December 31, for a 10-day TAT.

No comments: