Sunday, January 1, 2017

TTM Success - Scott Kamieniecki

Here's a really nice success from a former Oriole and Yankee, Scott Kamieniecki.  He was an Oriole during their run in the mid 90s.  I vaguely remember when he was on the team, but that was a long time ago.  I was really happy to get this 1994 Collector's Choice Silver Signature signed, though.  It came out of an album of cards that my mom gave me a while back.  She had started the Silver Signature set and kept some duplicates in the album as well.  I saw that Kamieniecki was signing, so I figured this would be a cool card to add to my binder.
I only had one Topps card of Kamieniecki for some reason, so I went ahead and sent this along as well.  I didn't have too many 1992 Topps cards represented in my binder, so this one helps out.
Kamieniecki has a pretty nice signature.  I think guys with long last names tend to have good sigs, but it definitely is a pain typing it out so much!  I only had one Orioles card of him, the 1997 Fleer Ultra.  Those always turn out nicely.  The 1996 Fleer above it is always a great set to get signed.  I really like that set, and plan on sending out more of them.

Kamieniecki (b. 1964) played in the majors from 1991 to 2000 for the Yankees, Orioles, Indians and Braves.  He had a career record of 53-59 with an ERA of 4.52 and 542 strike outs.  He on the Yankees when they won the World Series in 1996, but did not make an appearance in the playoffs that year.

I mailed to Kamieniecki on November 8 and got the cards back on December 5, for a 27-day TAT.

No comments: