Sunday, January 29, 2017

TTM Success - Albert Belle

I've already had someone message me and tell me that this TTM I got back from former Oriole, Albert Belle, is from a ghost signer.  I, myself, am not too sure about that.  I actually sent two cards, and Belle kept one.  The one that he kept was a 1998 Topps Etch-A-Sketch card.  THat's what is making me think it really was Belle.  Why else would the ghost signer keep my card?  That's pretty messed up.  All of that being said, this card really turned out great.  Real signature or not.  I love it.

Belle (b. 1966) played in the majors from 1989 to 2000 for the Indians, White Sox and Orioles.  He had 1,726 hits, 381 home runs and a .295 batting average.  Belle his 50 home runs in 1995 and finished in the top 3 in the AL MVP voting between 1994 and 1996.  He was also a 5-time All Star and 5-time Silver Slugger.  For some odd reason, Belle only lasted two years on the Hall of Fame ballot, before falling off due to failure to receive enough votes.  He also didn't receive enough votes in December for Hall of Fame election by the Veterans Committee.  He was an amazing player who's career was cut short by a debilitating hip injury.  My hope is that he can get some consideration again at some point, but it is not looking likely.

I mailed to Belle on January 4 and got the card back on January 12, for an 8-day TAT.  This was the first TTM from 2017 that I got back (in a batch of a few others).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where did you send it to? Really interested in getting a ttm too.