Friday, January 27, 2017

TTM Success - Pat Mahomes

Sometimes, when I send a TTM, the cards I send have some kind of a story behind them.  Maybe they came in a box that my mom gave me, or I found them in a box from my childhood collection, whatever the case may be.  This success from Pat Mahomes had a story when the cards came back to me.
I wondered why the back of my return envelope was stained brown when it came in, and when I opened it up, I discovered that some of my cards were stuck together.  It appeared as if after Mahomes signed my cards, he spilled his morning coffee on the envelope.
It caused the card at the top of the page to stick to the left 1993 Ultra. I tried in vain to separate them.  The back of the card at the top is damaged somewhat, but the Ultra on the left really took a hit.

All of that being said, I'm not too upset.  The cards will still go in my album.  The better of the two 1993 Ultra will likely be set aside with my other duplicate autos, and the damaged one will take its place with my other TTMs.

Mahomes (b. 1970) played in the majors from 1992 to 1997 and 1999 to 2003 for the Twins, Red Sox, Mets, Rangers, Cubs and Pirates.  He had a career record of 42-39 with 452 strike outs and an ERA of 5.47.

I mailed to Mahomes on November 2 and got the cards and some of his coffee back on January 9, for a 68-day TAT.

No comments: