Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Surprise Christmas Care Package From Billy S.

It says something when someone you have never met before you is compelled to send you a Christmas gift.  When you pair that with the heartfelt note and kind words exchanged in addition to the gift, you definitely take notice.  I was approached through Instagram DM recently by a fellow who uses the handle "bscollectables".  He said that he had seen the things I did for the Instagram card community, especially helping kids get some help with their collections, and he felt the need to send me a little something for Christmas.

Well, the package arrived shortly after that, and I was blown away.  In the package was several chrome rookie cards of some pretty high-end stars: Kris Bryant, Manny Machado and Corey Seager.  Not only were those in there, but a base RC of Seager, two base rookies of Manny and a Cal I didn't have in my collection.
There was also a Dariel Alvarez auto from 2016 Chrome, as well. Billy also included a letter reiterating what he said in the DM about my helping the community and having a great passion for baseball cards.

I can't express how humbled I am that I had this impact on someone I hadn't even met before.  I sincerely appreciate Billy's kindness, and I plan on doing something for him in the future.

Thank you so much for the package, Billy, I really appreciate it!

No comments: