Wednesday, January 25, 2017

TTM Success - Bobby Witt

I have gotten some really cool cards signed TTM since I started sending cards last year, but I seem to always amaze myself with some of the successes that have come in.  This success from Bobby Witt was a really good one, topped with the above 1994 Topps Finest.  This card looks awesome in person, Witt's A's jersey really matched well with the borders of the card.  I was really happy to get this one back.  The card was treated with an eraser prior to sending out for signature.
I had a bunch of Witt cards to choose from, so I picked the 1986 Topps Traded and the 1989 to represent some Topps series.
I also had to go with a 1993 Flair; you can never go wrong with getting those signed.  I also had this 1997 Pacific, which there aren't many of in my album.

Witt (b. 1964) played in the majors from 1986 to 2001 for the Rangers, A's, Marlins, Cardinals, Devil Rays, Indians and Diamondbacks.  He had a career record of 142-157 with an ERA of 4.83 and 1,955 strike outs.  He won the World Series with the Diamondbacks in 2001.

I mailed to Witt on November 9 and got the cards back on December 30, for a 51-day TAT.

No comments: