Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Some Recent Nolan Reimold Pickups

While he had a seemingly rough year, Nolan Reimold is still one of "my guys."  I still scour Ebay and Instagram for Reimold cards that I don't yet have in my collection.  Recently, I made a deal with a kid from Charlotte for this 2007 Bowman Heritage auto.  I sent him some Paypal and he sent me this awesome on-card auto.  For some reason, I didn't have this card in my collection, so I am glad I can finally add it.  The auto looks great, I think.  I'm left to wonder, though, when will Topps bring back Bowman Heritage?  This was a really nice set and would work either as an insert set or an "every now and then" standalone set.
Here is a pink parallel from 2016 Topps Update.  I picked this card up from COMC.  It is numbered 31/50 and looks pretty cool.  I need to pick up some more of his parallels from 2016.  I just haven't had the time nor the funds to do so.
Finally, here is a really cool Reimold that I picked up in a trade with a kid named, Will, on Instagram.  I sent Will two cards he selected off of Ebay to make up for this, but in the end, I still think it was a great deal.  This is the red back short print from 2016 Heritage.
I don't know how short printed these were, but this is the only one I have seen.  It is a really cool card, and it came in great shape.  I was really glad that I saw it when I did, and be able to pick it up as easy as I did.

I'm really glad I was able to add all of these Nolans to my collection.  I'm really holding out hope that the Orioles bring him back, but I think it is highly unlikely.  If they don't bring him back, I'm still going to collect him and still going to cheer him on.  He's a great guy with a great family.  Here's hoping he gets a good deal for 2017.

No comments: