Friday, January 20, 2017

TTM Success - Ken Oberkfell

Here is a nice TTM success from a guy who had been floating around my TTM box for a long time.  So much so, I ended up with a huge stack of cards to choose from for my TTM submission.  I got 7 cards back, five of them being Topps cards.  The above 1981 Topps is probably my favorite of the bunch.  I like the color combination, and the card really pops.
Here are the other Topps cards that I sent, a 1983, 1985, 1988 and 1991.  I think I made good choices with these, as they all look good.
Finally, here are a couple non-Topps cards that I was able to pick up.  I have a soft spot for 1987 Donruss (the card on the right).  His old Braves uniform looks really cool, I think.

Oberkfell (b. 1956) played in the majors from 1977 to 1992 for the Cardinals, Braves, Pirates, Giants, Astros and Angels.  He had 1,354 hits, 29 home runs and a .278 batting average.  He won the World Series in 1982 with the Cardinals.

I mailed to Oberkfell on November 16 and got the cards back on December 23, for a 37-day TAT.

No comments: