Sunday, January 29, 2017

TTM Success - Mike Fontenot

Here is a really cool TTM success I was able to facilitate through a search of my Orioles box.  I found these two Mike Fontenot cards back to back in the box and thought it would be really cool if he signed TTM.  I looked, and he does sign, so I sent both of the cards out.

The top card is a 2003 Topps Chrome refractor that turned out great.  I really like how refractors look when they are signed, and 03 really looks sharp.
Look at the contrast between a refractor and a regular chrome when it is scanned.  The refractor is backlit like crazy, and the regular chrome looks kind of dull.  That's pretty weird.  I think they both look great in person, however.

Fontenot (b. 1980) played in the majors in 2005 and 2007 to 2012 for the Cubs, Giants and Phillies.  He had 374 hits, 27 home runs and a .265 batting average.  Fontenot won the World Series with the Giants in 2010.  He also won the College World Series with LSU in 2000.  He was a first round pick (#19) by the Orioles in the 2001 Amateur Draft, and their 2003 Minor League Player of the Year.  He was traded along with David Crouthers and Jerry Hairston, Jr. to the Cubs for Sammy Sosa in 2005.  Ugh.

I mailed to Fontenot on January 4 and got the cards back on January 12, for an 8-day TAT.

No comments: