Sunday, January 22, 2017

TTM Success - Bill Hands

I got a few nice vintage cards back with this success from Bill Hands.  I was looking to add another 1967 to my ledger of signed cards, so I was pleased when I was able to get this one back.  I found this at my LCS, and since his name was easy to remember, I was able to remember that I had seen that he signed.
I found the 1971 at my LCS as well, then when I got home, I raided my 1972 partial set to add something else to the package.  I begin to feel less and less guilty about raiding some unstarted partial sets because I really am enjoying adding cards to my auto album.  These all turned out great, as Hands used a thin blue sharpie on the cards.  The thin blue sharpie really does well for autos, I think.

Hands (b. 1940) played in the majors from 1965 to 1975 for the GIants, Cubs, Twins and Rangers.  He had a career record of 111-110 with an ERA of 3.35 and 1,128 strike outs.  He was a 20-game winner in 1969.  He appeared on the 1981 Hall of Fame ballot, but didn't receive any votes.

I mailed to Hands on November 2, and got the cards back on December 23, for a 41-day TAT.

No comments: