Saturday, July 4, 2015

Thoughts on 2015 Topps Stadium Club

I would like to start off by wishing everyone a happy and safe 4th of July.  I am going to catch a baseball game and some fireworks tonight, if the weather holds out.

I busted a box of 2015 Topps Stadium Club last weekend and I was really impressed.  As always, the photos in Stadium Club were amazing.  My favorite card of the whole bunch was this one of the late Ernie Banks receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom in November 2013.  I feel like this is a fitting card for Banks, who passed away earlier this year.
There are quite a few great shots of Orioles in the set, like this Zach Britton from last year's playoffs.
Here is a great pie face card of Adam Jones.
Finally, here is an amazing shot of Oriole legend and Hall of Famer Cal Ripken doing what he always did best, signing autographs.  I ended up with two of these, so that takes care of putting something new into my Cal Ripken PC.

I may actually pursue the set this year.  I already have a good start, and these cards would look awesome in a binder.  While I don't like putting my sets in binders, this one would be worth it.  They would display far better in flippable sheets than stored in a box.

No comments: