Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Care Package From TJ

I got a huge care package in the other day from fellow blogger, TJ, the Junior Junkie.  TJ hooked me up with a bunch of nice Orioles stuff like the above 1978 Topps Mike Flanagan buyback card.  I don't normally care all that much for buyback cards, but this one is really nice.  It is in good shape, and the dumb foil logo that Topps insists on defacing the cards with isn't too bad.  I'm still someone who likes to not have the foil stamp on the card, especially since I build sets of older stuff.  The card is really nice, though, so I'll let the foil stamp slide this time.
I can't believe I didn't have this 2013 Panini Hometown Heroes card of Brooks Robinson yet.  I opened a couple packs of this when it originally came out, and once my LCS sold out of them, I didn't really give the set much more thought.  This card is really sharp, and I like how it scanned.

Thanks for the care package, TJ!  I really appreciate it.  I need to find you some stuff that I can send your way soon.

No comments: