Wednesday, February 6, 2013

2013 Topps Series One - The Orioles

I would have posted this entry yesterday, but I had to attend to family matters, sadly.  I don't want to go into detail, but I do want to say that we all should take the time and tell our loved ones how we feel about them because we might not get the chance tomorrow.

So, back to the blog.  2013 Topps Series One has a good many Orioles represented in the checklist.  The above Adam Jones shows a good show of the Orioles Center Fielder in the process of making a catch (what, no bubble?).  After building the set, I had duplicates of Jones, Endy Chavez (no longer with the team), Manny Machado, Robert Andino (no longer with the team), L. J. Hoes, Jim Johnson, Jake Arrieta, Chris Davis, Mark Reynolds (no longer with the team), Dylan Bundy and Tommy Hunter.  Brian Matusz is also represented in the set, but I didn't have any of his cards left over after completing my set.
There is also a highlights card of the O's winning the one game playoff against Texas.  I'm really glad this card was made as it represents a key moment in recent Orioles history.  I definitely plan on making a rainbow of this card.
Speaking of rainbows, I want to do one of the Chris Davis card as well, so this will give me plenty to search for as the season progresses.

I can also look forward to Series Two, when Nick Markakis, Nolan Reimold, Miguel Gonzalez and Brian Roberts will hopefully get cards.  Yet again, Matt Wieters is left out of the set due to licensing issues.  I wish Matt would get on board and get a freaking Topps card already, JEEZ!

2 comments:

Ryan H said...

Agreed, enough with the licensing shenanigans Matt!

I Don't Know....3rd Base said...

I have the emerald card of Davis. I just need some info and I'll send it to you.