Saturday, March 21, 2015

Two More Down, Five To Go

I am now down to five cards remaining on my 1948 Bowman needs list.  After picking up these two cards from Sportlots, I can really see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I sat down and priced out how much it would cost me if I bought each card I needed off of Ebay as Buy it Now and came to the conclusion that those 7 cards would be $171.50.  I then went to a few other buying sites and saw that Ebay was the better marketplace, save for two of the cards.  Those two, I found for a much better deal of Sportlots.

The above Marty Marion was a real tough find for a decent price.  The cheapest one on Ebay was $45, and it was in really rough shape.  I got this one for $18 and it looks really good, except for some staining on the back.
This Herm Wehmeier was $5.00 on Sportlots while  comparable version was listed on Ebay for $10.  I was glad to knock this one out as well, especially since I had initially made up my mind to only get the Marion, that is until I saw that this was from the same seller as the Marion (saving me on shipping).

So, all I need now are 5 more cards and I can close out the '48 set after working on it for several years.  I anticipate picking up a couple more in the next few weeks to narrow it down even more.  The SPs and also the Enos Slaughter RC remain, but they will be mine before too long!

No comments: