Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Card Shop Pickup - 2013 Bowman Chrome Hunter Harvey

Two days ago, Hunter Harvey turned 19.  In the photo on the card above, he looks more like 14.  This is the first Hunter Harvey card that I have been able to add to my collection and it came via a jumbo pack of 2013 Bowman Chrome that I picked up at the card shop several weeks ago.

Harvey is another in a recent line of pitchers that the Orioles have taken in the first round of the Amateur draft.  Being that he is from North Carolina, and more specifically, Bandys High School in Catawba, NC (a few miles up NC Highway 16 from where I used to work), I am rooting especially hard for Harvey to have a long and successful career in the majors.  I'm always a fan of NC-born players, so I was really happy when the O's drafted him this past year.

He performed pretty well in his limited experience this past season, posting a 1.78 ERA with a record of 0-1 over 25.1 IP (8 games).  Not bad for a kid fresh out of high school.  Here's hoping Harvey can make it as far as Frederick next season so I can say hello when the Keys come through Zebulon, NC to play the Mudcats.

No comments: