Monday, December 16, 2013

Card Show Pickup - Jimmie Foxx 1938 Our National Game Pin

One of the coolest things I picked up at this past weekend's card show was this tiny little piece of metal.  It is a 1938 Our National Game Jimmie Foxx.  I had to look them up and they are part of a really cool set of little metal pins that hook to a piece of cardboard with the little point that you see at the top.  It is about the size of a dime.

Right now, I have it in a snap case, but I'm going to put it in a top loader, I think.  Maybe in one of those cardboard holders you see in coin collections.  This definitely takes the oddball cake, though.  I saw it in an album, and had to get it because I figured it would make a cool blog post and it is a nice addition to my Foxx PC.  When I was looking them up, I noticed there was a Feller in the set, so I think I may have to add one to my Feller PC as well.

The best part of all of this was that I got this little beauty for only $35.  I little higher than I wanted to spend on cards at the show, but I couldn't let this pass me by.  I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do because I couldn't wait to catch up with Scott at the show (he had moved on to other tables) and show it off.

No comments: