Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August 10, 2013 Charlotte Card Show Recap

I think I did really well at the recent card show I attended in Charlotte while visiting the in-laws.  I was able to knock off a lot of needs from my wishlist (which will be updated following this post).  Most surprisingly, I was able to find two 1948 Bowmans for only $13.50.  They usually run that much a piece, so I was happy to be able to get two of them that cheaply.  The above '48 Bowman is of former Braves pitcher, Johnny Sain.  You know, Spahn and Sain and pray for rain...
I am sensing a Richie Ashburn theme for this card show.  The Ashburn was in a 75% off bin, so they guy sold it to me 75% off the BV of $30, or $7.50.  I got 14 total 1959 Topps cards and spent less than $20 on them, so I feel like I did really well there, too.
Finally, I knocked out 9 total 1971 Topps cards.  These were a bit more expensive since I need high numbers and the majority of these were Hall of Famers.  I was able to get: Frank Robinson, Billy Williams, Rollie Fingers, Mets team card, Jim Bunning, Tony Perez, Jim Fairey, Ken Rudolph and Dave McNally.  I would really love to finish off 1971 by the end of the year.  I think it can be done pretty easily, I just need to spend a little money on those high numbers.

No comments: