Monday, April 30, 2012

Proud of my Boy!

Chris volunteered to be the catcher for his Pee Wee team (machine pitch) the other day.  I was impressed that he took the initiative to walk up to the coach and ask him if he could be the catcher.  Chris throws left handed, so it should be interesting to see how he fares.
I took a couple shots of him with my cell phone and the above one took pretty well.  I might send it to Topps and have them make one of those custom baseball cards with it.
They don't make catcher's mitts small enough for his hands, so he will have to make do with the glove that he has until he grows some.  I will also have to find a glove for him online since he throws left handed and most stores don't carry those gloves.

7 comments:

Cory said...

I hope you bought him a huge ice cream cone and told him he's the badass of the day.

Roberto Baly said...

That's just great! :)

I can't wait till my son plays ball.

Play at the Plate said...

That's awesome! Get some video...you'll love looking back at it later.

Ryan H said...

I love that the chest protector is about 8 sizes too big!

Unknown said...

He looks like a pro!

Drew said...

Little Wieters! Proud to see Chris get behind the plate man, that would be a great spot for him to learn

The Baseball Card Snob said...

That's great. I was surprised when both my son and daughter offered to catch some games last year. Especially my daughter, she's more theater oriented than sports.