Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 7, 2012 Card Show - 1969 Topps

At last weekend's card show, I picked up 6 cards for my 1969 set.  I got the below Hank Aaron for a mere $20.  It is SHARP!  I was amazed that the guy was wanting only $20 for it, so I had to jump all over it.
The Aaron is definitely a sweet card.  I got a few other Hall of Famers as well, such as the below Harmon Killebrew:
This Fergie Jenkins:
And This Walter Alston:
I didn't knock off near as many 1969s as I did '59s, but it was because I found all of the 1959s first and then didn't have time to look for '69s.  I plan on adding more at the May show, which will be here before you know it.

I still have a long way to go for both sets, so hopefully I will be able to get on the ball so to speak and knock them out.  I know there are some expensive cards still to come, both Mantles for sure.

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Congratulations... $20 for the Aaron is a steal. Nice find.

PAB said...

That Aaron card is amazing. Nice find for $20!