Saturday, April 7, 2012

April 7, 2012 Raleigh Card Show Thoughts

I set up my tables today at the April 7 Raleigh card show hoping to sell enough cards to at least break even for the cost of the tables.  The show went from 10-5 and I didn't break even until 4:00.  I was scared.  It ended up being ok, though, because after I broke even, I sold another $60 worth of stuff, so I did alright.
Here is my set-up with my assistant manning the tables.
The best part was, I got to hang out with P.A. for a little bit, which was nice.  I hadn't seen him in a while, so it was real nice being able to catch up.  I also knocked a bunch of Hall of Famers off of my set needs for 1959 and 1969.  I even was lucky enough to find a nice drag racing card.

In all, here is what I got:

16 1959 Topps (including 3 Hall of Famers)

6 1969 Topps (including 4 Hall of Famers)

2 1971 Topps

1 Press Pass Legends (Drag Racing Legend)

You'll see pictures of these starting tomorrow.

4 comments:

Nick said...

Now I want to go to Raleigh and dig through those dime boxes! :)

JediJeff said...

Ditto. Those boxes are begging for some action.

William Regenthal said...

Well guys, you would have had them pretty much all to yourselves. I think the next show (a 3-day show) May 11-13 will be much better.

PAB said...

I might try and make it down to that May show. Had a great time hanging out with you the only thing I fear is that hanging out with you at card shows may lead me further down the rabbit hole that is vintage collecting.